OWNER’S PROTECTIVE AGENCY (OPA)
- Owner appoints his trusted Agent to protect his interests and also to handle husbandry services. Owner pays a nominal fee and also reimburses expenses on husbandry services to Agent. OPA may also need to handle owner’s funds/disbursements. OPA monitors the costs/services of CAN/OAA and reports to owners. OPA also handles matters related to PSC, Taxation, Port, Port Health, Customs, Immigration Departments, etc
- Delivery of CTMs
- Clearance and delivery of spares / crew mail, etc
- Supply of Bunkers, Lube oil, Fresh Water, Provisions and Stores, etc.
- Crew Changes/ Ticketing / Hotel Bookings, etc.
- Removal/disposal of oil residues /waste / garbage, etc as per state regulations.
- Technical Services- Repairs/Marine equipment / underwater inspection / Dry Docking, etc.
- Co-ordination/ facilitating attendance of Class Inspectors.
- Vessel On / Off Hire Survey co-ordination / importation / Conversion- Reversion / Charter permission / Coastal Licence.
- Appointment of cargo surveyors.
- Attending to Customs / Taxation Summons / Cargo loss claims.